Our MDS (Minimum Data Set) Nurse is an improtant part of our Team! You will collect and assess information for the health and well-being of our residents from the time of admission through the end of their stay. Your responsibilites will include;
1. Completes the nursing components of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) process to ensure timely completion of Minimum Data Set.
2. Ensures completion of PPS and/or OBRA assessments for both subacute and long-term care as required.
3. Collaborates with the resident, family or advocate, other inter-disciplinary colleagues, including providers, to assure ongoing care of each resident is provided for the best quality of life possible.
4. The MDS Nurse uses independent judgment in the planning, organizing, directing, and evaluation of activities of the professional and supportive nursing staff engaged in resident plan of care.
5. The MDS Nurse utilizes State and Federal guidelines for the RAI process ensuring documentation meets necessary guidelines, reimbursement standards and legal compliance
6. Work with HIM Director and Quality Care Coordinator to conduct concurrent MDS reviews to assure achievement of maximum allowable RUG categories.
7. Gathers information from nursing, dietary, social services, therapy, and physician services to ensure appropriate quality of care and reimbursement.
8. The MDS Nurse will assist with completing nursing assessments and the development of a written plan of care for each resident that identifies the problems/needs of the resident, indicates the care given, goals to be accomplished and which professional service is responsible for each element of care on an as needed basis.
1. Current NYS RN license
2. Experience in Long-term care
3. Familiar with the MDS process
4. Basic Computer skills
Report’s to – Director of Health Information Management