Statement from Greg Osetek, Director of Community Relations

“A minor fire broke out in the kitchen this morning (Friday, November 22) at St. Francis Commons. Staff responded quickly and correctly, initiating fire and safety procedures, activating a suppression system that extinguished the fire, while notifying the Oswego Fire Department. The Fire Department responded to the scene promptly. During the event, residents were sheltered in their rooms. No residents were involved in the incident and all are safe. One staff member was treated for a minor injury. St. Francis Commons thanks the Oswego Fire Department for their immediate response and assistance.”